Saturday, September 6, 2008

On the road again

Julia & I are finishing the last minute packing for our trip to Dallas, which we should be leaving for the airport for about now. The hurricane worried us a little, but was, as usual, somewhat overstated by the weatherman, Mr. C. Little. We have terrific dinner reservations in the big D, which as a Buffalo sports fan, probably stands for Dopey.

Our visit to Toronto was "great success". Jersey Boys was excellent. I must say that I had some serious reservations about that show, because I never really liked the Four Seasons music too much, but I thought the show was great. Even has Joe Pesci. Both Canoe and North44 were outstanding. I love these trips with Julia. She is a terrific traveling companion, among many other sterling qualities.

We took Grandma to Dan's award dinner on Thursday. Brian Higgins presented the award to Dan from the EA Chamber of Commerce. Brian was also the speaker, and he was very good. Dan was predictably out of control, making the hall howl. Jim & Don Bach were rather high profile, also. We met Jim's father in law, Sean, who has a pub south of Galway. I hope to visit him when we take our trip.

I hope you all have a great weekend. We will get together on our return.

No comments: