Thursday, July 10, 2008

A beautiful Buffalo summer night

On this beautiful Buffalo evening, we went to see the Bisons play Louisville, the Bats. Mary, Mimi, Julia & I parked across the street from the Washinton St. entrance, very convenient, and heard a truly enthusiatic rendition of the Anthem on our way to the BBQ stand. They have great BBQ sausage. Stopped by the good beer stand for a Murphy's and setled in for the game. Naturally we met some friends on the way in. There was a pretty good crowd, and all the crazy minor league promotions were in full swing, such as baseball bingo, in which bingo numbers are assigned to the hitting performance of various positions. We had a couple of cards which only needed one more number for bingo, but the tonsil recovering Mary had enough by the seventh inning stretch. We gave our cards to the people in the row ahead, they were really into it. They won the free Russer sandwiches, so their prize appetite had been whetted. So we had a great night, and got home in a flash.

There were several menacing seagulls flying pretty low, looking for peanuts, I guess. Mary tried to ignore them but they were very in your face birds.

Miles stood free in the den today. He is going to walk soon. Little Julia did a great dance to the Thank You For Letting me Be Mice Elf song at the end of Schrek, but then they had to go home. I plan to do some more standing & dancing soon.

The exterminators are coming tomorrow. Death to insects & other pests. (No birds, as far as I know.) The ladies , Julia & Mary will have to have a lengthy breakfast at Charlies, and then the AC guys are finally supposed to come by. I'll believe that when I see it. The carpet cleaners are coming, too, in case anyone wants to crawl on the floor. Those guys are reliable, so I'm sure the floors will be fine.

I see that Karl Rove ignored a congressional subpoena to testify about politicizing Justice Department activities. He is the third White House guy to do that. I hope he goes to jail. In San Francisco, some group is petitioning to name the sewage treatment plant in honor of "W". If they do, I'll be sure to use a toilet there.

Happy Birthday to Louis this weekend. The weekend is shaping up well. Hot weather & crawfish etoufee, maybe some cold beer. You know how good that is when Julia makes it. Come out if you can, I would love to visit.

No comments: