Thursday, July 17, 2008

Stars will fall on Alabama

We had cake & ice cream last night with the lovely Maeve, resplendent in a dress from Italy worn under a purple tutu. Mary Pat & Frank had great stories about their trip to Italy, making Julia & me long to take another trip there. Maybe with them, they know where to get good gelato, after all. Mike seems to be getting through the bar prep pretty well, probably because Lisa takes such good care of him.

We leave for Alabama this afternoon. I will try to behave lest we get kicked off the plane, an apparently common problem these days. I am finally beginning to understand the Reagan Bizarro World: the Republicans run the country, the airlines are going broke, so the solution is to degrade their customer service. All of this airline business began with Reagan deregulation, it used to actually be pleasant to fly.

Well, the beach is going to be terrific. I hope I can learn to post photos by the time I get back, because there will be plenty to share: Gulf shrimp, crab claws & drinks with umbrellas. I understand Miles is wild about the water, from his Connecticut visit, and I hope that we can take little Julia crabbing. Maybe she can show some nice lady strolling by "the bastard that bit my papa" as her mother did back in the day.

Hope you all have a fine weekend, I'll have some stories next time.

1 comment:

Buffalo Expat said...

Uncle Mike! So glad to see your musings. Now I'll get to see them as often as you post: a frequency which puts me to shame :-) Miss you and love you lots. Have fun in Alabama.