Monday, July 14, 2008

If every day was Sunday...

Sunday was what you might call my ideal day. Julia eucharistic ministered early Mass, and I had to flash to the Williamsville office, then Weg's, then home to let the wild rumpus begin. We surely missed Mike, but all the rest of the fam were together for Julia's incredible crawfish etouffe. The little ones were out and having fun. Plenty of just hanging out for the rest of us. Gina joined us, always a pleasure. Smokey stopped by for a quick visit, then Leonard appeared, both completely unexpected. A very happy birthday celebration for Lou.

Mimi went home today. I am sorry to see her leave, this has been an enjoyable visit. Our first meeting was at their house in Gulf Hills, almost forty years ago. She was sweet & gracious then, too. I miss her already. I know Julia does, also.

I was on call for one of the hospitals over the weekend. They called about a young man who sustained a pretty significant lower jaw fracture, in a fight, of course. The plan was for him to follow up with me in the office and have his broken jaw evaluated, anticipating the need to do this in the hospital He called about mid-morning, came to his appointment and then told us were are too far from the city. Cecilia asked if he would like to be seen, since he was already here, but we were still too far. He announced that he would return to the hospital and ask for an office closer to town. Ceil said he would probably just be sent back here, come on in and let the doc look. No, he will try a different hospital. Oh well, maybe the next time. I am pretty sure he will do this again, sometime.

I think we may go visit Louis at the Arriba, tonight. The Mexican food is tasty, but the margaritas are the best.

No comments: