Thursday, July 31, 2008

Easy livin' in the summertime

The routine appears to be underway again. Although I was home & working last week, Julia returned on Sunday, was home on Monday, more or less, and began caring for Miles on Tuesday. She had baby Julia along with Miles yesterday, although Mary was with them, also. Anyway, the white, sugary sand and the beach are just lovely memories now. Cecilia has been in the office a lot, and that makes the day OK for me.

Julia & I had dinner at Rick's last night. Nice. A little Veuve, a little Rutherford cab. Tonight, it will be hot dogs at the Hatch, at the waterfront. Looking forward to seeing Mike, who has been subterranean for months, it seems. Most of the other nuclear fam will be there, as well as others close to us. Buffalo in the summer is the best place on earth, and I like it in other seasons, also.

The office staff gave me a gift certificate to Napoli's, a fine mens store. I went to buy some socks, but their stuff is so nice, I picked out a few shirts... Slightly exceeding to amount I planned to spend, as I occasionally do. The shirts are super comfortable.

I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the summer. My next post will probably come after our boy's nite trip to Yankee Stadium, from which there will be no pictures to post.

No comments: